▶ Korra Finale Thoughts.
Enjoyed the finale quite a bit. Given that this season, and whole series, is so short I was not suprised how they had to rush through a lot but given the time they had I think they did a fairly good job. As for the ending, well I never really expected the events of this season to play a big part in the second, which I hear is much more spiritual and suspect would involve a much more global threat. So considering how it will be the last season I’d rather they not take up half of it trying to deal with recovering from events this first season.
Best things about the finale:
- Tarrlok…damn. Was surprised how well they were able to make us empathize with him, and Amon, when considering how they were raised…and the way the two ended….the boat…my feels!!!
- More bending! Like that we finally got a decent little battle with Korra and Amon, but also Iroh with some kick ass fire bending.
- Aang! Was totally freaking out at the end, when he showed up. Glad Korra is finally learning to connect with her spiritual side.
- BUMI! Omg, best moment ever.
- Lin!!!!!! OMG. She is back baby!
Oh, and people have to REALLY stop comparing it to ‘Avatar’. They are two very different stories, with different characters, with different motivations and personalities, facing different threats which require different development, reactions, timing and pace. Aang was essentially new to the world (having been gone for 100 years) and had a lot to learn about not only his surroundings but also bending, while also facing a threat much greater than Amon. Korra grew up knowing not only more about bending, but also knew the world she was a part of. The threat she faced, Amon, was or at least felt localized. Did anyone really think he had any global threat? No. So the way her story had to play out didn’t require as much time, and she didn’t need as much development as Aang. That doesn’t mean it is any worse, or better, then ‘Avatar’ but just that they need to be judge differently. Taking that into consideration I’d say this season was a great success.
Now…the wait for the second season…